Title tag is an important element of your store’s content and is also a factor that aids your page ranking. It is used to tell search engines and visitors what any given page on your store is about in the most concise and accurate way possible.
The title tag should contain all the keywords you wish to rank for. With the most important keyword at the beginning, followed by second most important, then finally your brand name.
A great reference from Moz : Primary Keyword – Secondary Keyword | Brand Name
In all cases keep it at the back of your mind that whatever you come up with should be human readable.
Title tag checklist
- Length: Title tags should be 55-65 characters long, including spaces.
- Keyword placement: Your most important keywords (target keyword) need to be first in your title tag, with your least important words coming last.
- Brand name: If your company name is not part of the important keyword phrases, put it at the end of the title tag.
- Do not duplicate title tags: They must be written differently for every page. Don’t mass replicate your title tags, it will negatively affect your search visibility.
- Make it relevant: Title tags must accurately describe the content on the page.
- Do not ‘keyword stuff’ title tags: these are badly written title tags that try to rank for everything or repeat a word over and over. Keyword stuffing is the worst offence when it comes to title tags and you will be penalised for it.
|← What is Target Keyword||What is Meta Description →|